Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's About Time!


We're getting close to wrapping things up here so this post is all about the stuff we've done in the last few days to slowly start to say goodbye.  Ian is also leaving on Friday so we've hit up a few of his favorite places as well.  I will start off this post by saying that we FINALLY got the chairs for the boys at school!  They were actually delivered on Saturday and I was pleasantly shocked.  It only took 4 months!  I'm afraid that if Jason and I wouldn't have gone out there, they might still be waiting for these chairs next month.  I don't mean to sound egotistical, but everyone is so relaxed here and some teachers did mention that if we hadn't gone there, they might not get them for a long time.  There was a third chair made for an older student that was measured completely wrong - the guy must have been blind or unable to read the measuring tape because the girl cannot even sit back in it - it's not wide enough for her shoulders. I asked if the Physio had tried to contact them again to have them come and fix it.  He said he had, but of course no one was returning his phone calls but he didn't want to ruin the relationship with this man (also a physio) so he wouldn't bug him.  UM...WHAT??   GO out there!  I understand where he's coming from, but here you have to be forward and take the step to get things done. I'm just thankful that the chairs for our boys are done!  I won't go into any more detail because I'm done with my rant.  They weren't made exactly how we ordered them, but they are still 100% better than what they were in.

Ijo - he doesn't need the arm straps.  Not sure why they were put on.  He also has room to grow into it.  The leg braces help him to relax and stay in the sitting position.

Both chairs slightly recline so they will learn better posture and not slump over.
Akshay - he was being quite lazy today and kept trying to stick his chest out and not sit properly, but he will get used to it. 

Last night we went for dinner and drinks at the Taj Malabar with Ian.  He used to stay there a long time ago and wanted to say bye to the staff.  It was great to have a nice glass of Chilean wine with dinner!  Today I made one last stop through Fort Kochi and the Jewtown shops and then over into the city.  Through John, we met Crystal and her family here.  They own a small shop in the Fort Kochi area so I had to go check that out as well. I'm officially done buying things.  I might have to leave everything else behind just to get all my neat things home.  I'm not joking.

The bartenders said it would cost a lot of money to get this glass full of wine.  Note to self: find those glasses for our "home" that we will eventually have one day.
Just drying chilies on the roof....If only I were taller, I might have had a better photo.
I have multiple photos like this.  No one seems to mind the signs and no one seems to enforce it.
Sarah got a cake made for Ian's going away party.  It was yummy!
The mini-bus (aka party bus) broke down on the way to the bar.  I invited some of the volunteers from school and their friends so it was such a fun time!  12 people in total!  What a party :)  lol  That's a lot for India.
Look at that stud!  We all chipped in for flowers for the girls since we're all leaving soon (girls included... but not John).

No comments: