Friday, July 8, 2011

Ten Month Blues

"What are you doing still here?"
I know, I'm really behind on this blog.  Can you imagine staying in the same place for 10 months and trying to update every single day?  I was doing soo good.  And then 10 months hit - June 23rd to be exact.  I shouldn't complain - we're in a nice hotel, have met other people to hang out with, have good food to eat and I have some cute kids that keep my busy every morning.  But still... 10 months.   Here's a wrapup of the last few days:

Personally, I find this doll really creepy.  So does Ijo, but Annmol seems to LOVE it. 
Francis and Alexander playing chess.  Alexander is the new Physio Therapy Intern
Four of the kids played with fingerpaints the other day at school....
Good thing that paint in non-toxic.  I was helping Akhila and she even got it all over my arms and legs!
JASON CAME INTO SCHOOL WITH ME TODAY!!!  YES, I'M TYPING IN CAPS.  THAT'S HOW EXCITED I AM!
We then proceeded to the SAI Rehab place where they are making chairs for two of the boys.  Something about a man being there makes a bit of a difference in getting things done.  More on this hot topic later.
Yes, we made Kraft mac-n-cheese in the tea kettle.  Don't judge... remember -  10 months.
Jason also picked up his suit last weekend.  What a stud!
  The chairs.  Oh, what a mess.  Four months ago, the kids got measured and Kat and I made a deposit on them.  Three weeks ago, they had to remeasure the kids and said the chairs would be ready "next week".  Last week we were told they would be delivered on Monday.  On Monday, I called (after they didn't show up) and was told "tomorrow".  Tuesday... no chairs.  Again, I was told "tomorrow".  Wednesday.. no chairs.  You see the pattern.  Wednesday, the guy hung up on me and Thursday he wouldn't even answer my calls.  Today, Jason and I decided to pay them a visit.  We are really upset that these children do not have their chairs yet that were ordered and paid for 4 months ago.  Completely unacceptable.  I think having Jason there made a difference.  They don't like women telling them what to do.  Basically, we threatened to report them to the government and tell anyone that wants to sponsor a chair to NOT deal with them.  We demanded to see the chairs and make them finish them and we would be taking them with us.  They told us that they only  needed a second coat of paint and they'd be ready.  Well.....  they started cutting the wood for the second chair while we stood there.  They are horrible liars.  If they aren't at school by tomorrow afternoon, I'm calling and throwing a fit again.  We weren't rude, but we were trying to make a point.  They think they got our money and can drag their feet.  I've never been this determined before.  I see these kids every day and how badly they need the chairs.  It's only right that someone fights for them....lord knows things are too relaxed here and nothing gets done.    - 10 months.  Poor Jason has to deal with this every day at the refinery. 

  Why the '10 month blues' title, you ask?  It's hit me.  Big time.  I'm ready to go home.  I'm ready to see family.  I'm ready to see friends.  I'm getting irritated easier (see above - chairs).  I'm ready to eat Mexican food and homemade food.  I'm ready to shop at a nice grocery store and Target.  I'm ready to drive a car.  I'm ready to stop getting asked "where are you from".  I just miss everything.  I need new clothes.  Indian laundry isn't too nice to any article of clothing and you can only hand wash things so many times.  Okay, I'm done.  You get the point.  Things could be wrapping up within a week, but that's too hopeful to count on.  Nothing goes right here.  I plan on being out of the country by the time my Visa expires in August.  I've started counting down the days.  I know it'll go by fast. 

I've given up on the photo a day, but I will continue to update.  I promise to do better, but when you take the same route everyday it's hard to will myself to find something to take a photo of!  I apologize for the terrible, depressing blog update, but this is what I'm feeling right now.  Send some good vibes my way!  I hope we'll be home soon!

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Good vibes are coming your way!!! You guys will be out of there soon! Hang in there! Can you start a new project to keep you busy? I would also like a mini sock monkey! (They're not just for kids, right?)

Danielle said...

I give you a lot of credit for being able to do a post a day for this long! It takes a lot of work to do that! Hoping that you guys get to go home soon and have some good Mexican food :) There is a restaurant with "mexican" food here but the burritos are filled with spaghetti sauce and beans and topped with mozzarella. Close, but not close enough.