Thursday, September 1, 2011

Catching Up To Speed

Did I make you tired from reading that last blog post?  I wrote it so quickly that I just went back and read it.  It wore me out!  We're always on the go, so I guess that shouldn't surprise me that we were in a hurry!  I'm not going to back date these posts but I will fill you in on our life for the past month.  I can't believe I didn't post AT ALL in August!

The night before we left, the hotel threw us a very nice going away party.  They do it for all long term guests so I can't say I didn't see it coming, but it still thoughtful of them.  We really enjoyed our time with everyone and met so many wonderful people! I could go on and on.. but I have a lot of catching up to do on here!

We left on Sunday and arrived into Chicago on Monday.  We spent Monday and Tuesday with our friends in Chicago catching up - ONE year is a LONG time to be away!  Meagan and Justin had a big cookout at their condo and it was the perfect way to see everyone.  Wednesday morning, we drove home and spent two crazy busy days with our family.  We just so happen to arrive home on my mom's birthday too!  We had a nice dinner at my parents house and Jasons family came as well.  I was too overwhelmed (and maybe a bit culture shocked that were back and not still in India) to take any photos of our family.  It was just so great to be back!  Here are some photos to update you on our quick trip:


  We've been busy......


Saying Goodbye...




...to our friends and "family" in Cochin.


 




Housekeeping gave us flowers THE DAY we were leaving.  Did they think I'd pack them?

Catching up with our friends and family in Chicago...


Hema, London and Caitlin
"Where's your eyebrows, London?"

 ...and surprising everyone with our good news!
 

Baby Peckenpaugh due Feb 7th!
I thought it'd be funny to end this blog right here, but by now, everyone that reads this knows our "secrets".  We are done traveling and are settling down in our hometown.  It all happened so fast that it seems like just yesterday I took a pregnancy test! 

Let's recap real fast:   Mary got pregnant.  Jason got contacted about a job at home.  Mary got two lines on a test.  Jason got more information about said job.  Jason interviewed for job via Skype.  Mary and Jason discussed long and hard about said job.  Mary and Jason weren't ready to stop traveling, but now they had an itty bitty baby to think about.  Jason got an offer.  Jason accepted. 

I bet that was as annoying to read as it was to type.  I will slowly catch up on the blog and of course I have to change this entire blog... I mean, we're not living out of suitcases or living in India anymore.  Yes, I plan to keep the blog.  I'll make it into one on how I become domesticated again.  It should be interesting!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Congrats again...can't say it enough :)