The last few weeks have been pretty crazy for us. Our flight home from SF was terribly delayed, but it was nice to be home for a few days. The following week in Chicago was very uncertain! We found out last Tuesday that we'll be leaving for Panipat, India soon. Oh...but wait, they wanted Jason to go to Colorado for a few days. No, nevermind, change of plans. Let's go to Greece for a quick loading. (I'm thinking.. YES, This better not change) WRONG - It changed. So, needless to say, I couldn't work last week due to our plans always changing.
Our weekend was spent mainly on football because....well, you know we won't get football in India! Better stock up now! haha. This week, I worked a few days but our plans kept changing again. We are now in Robinson, IL. For all those in Evansville.... we're about 1 1/2 - 2 hours from you, but don't pack the car and come visit just yet. There's not much to do here. Again, it was a last minute pack and go. We drove since it was about a 4 hour drive from Chicago. Since I was at work, Jason packed all of our stuff up (poor guy... we had a lot considering I was stocking up on food for India) and picked me up to leave Wednesday evening.
Robinson is a pretty small town and there's not a lot for visitors to do. Most people here drive into Terre Haute or Evansville for shopping. A country club and resort was recommended to us by a friend to stay at instead of our next option - The Best Western. Oh wait, I think there's another motel by the name of Jo-Dawns Motel. The VACANCY light is on in case we change our mind. hmmm.. doubtful. So, this Quail Creek Country Club and Resort is different. It's better than staying in a normal hotel, but hasn't been updated in YEARS. I never thought that I'd have to shower in a shower that was too small for me. Yea.. you read that right. The shower head is about eye level to me. Anyway, it's an okay place to stay and there's a big lake and lots of trees so it's something different than staying at a hotel on the main road and hearing traffic all day. It's kinda of peaceful actually. This is a long post... but, hadn't updated in awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment