Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Canada, eh?


I have a bit of bad news for you.... no picture today.  We got in yesterday afternoon, dropped our bags in the room and off we went.  We figured that might be the only day for Jason to explore Old Montreal.  He went in first thing this morning and is already at the plant loading.  Going in to this, we knew it would be a fast assignment.  So, we're out following a guide books recommendation for a walking tour and did a little exploring on our own.  I'm very bummed to inform you that I lost my camera somewhere in the final leg of our tour.  I've had that camera less than a year and it had a lot of pictures on it!  I can't bring myself to even look to see if I uploaded pictures from Texas yet, it's too depressing.  We have Jason's nice camera, but mine was little and easy to whip out real fast and take a quick picture.  I never even took the case out of my purse and I had the string on it around my wrist when I did have it out because it was so windy.  I would hate to think that I got picpocketed...I always walk faster than Jason and I'm usually a step ahead anyway.  I still have my wallet though, so that's a plus.  I know... I could have lost something very important, it just upsets me.  I even googled "lost and found in montreal" and posted an add on their Craigslist hoping that someone has a good heart and will return it.  I've retraced our steps twice this morning from the last picture I took.  No luck.   Maybe it's somewhere in the room (I'll feel stupid then) but I've torn this room apart looking for it.  hmm....

Other than losing the camera, the city is pretty neat.  It reminds me of a town in Europe.  Well..okay, the only parts of Europe I've been in are Finland and a day in Germany, but it sounds good.  We're staying in "Old Montreal" so the buildings are all .... you guessed it, old.  There is a lot of history here.  Although it would help if I spoke French, everyone we've talked to has been fluent in English and most restaurants have English menus too.  I'm going to head out in a bit and go find the store.  I suppose I should re-walk the tour we did yesterday and take all the pictures again..  sigh.   

No comments: