Wednesday, December 29, 2010

It's a new assignment....

The view of the hotel from the pool area
....for ME anyway.  We moved hotels on Sunday.  Since I'm not working, it is like a new assignment for me.  New area of the town, new restaurants, new food, new wait staff, new hotel to explore (including a lounge with cocktail hour for platinum members...booyah!) and most importantly, a new pool to relax by.  Unfortunately for Jason, it's still the same assignment.  The only upside is a 15-20 minute ride to work instead of the 45-60 min to the last hotel. 






Thanks to the semi-dirty windows, I couldn't get this picture to clear up, but it is our view from the room.  It has a three tiered pool, swim up bar and jacuzzi that is the same temperature as the pool water, just with bubbles.  I'm anticipating wedding celebrations every weekend night here as the area behind the pool is usually set up for an event.  Right now (not shown in the picture) they are constructing the big New Years Even bash that includes an Egyptian themed show, a DJ and a multi-cuisine buffet.  They are really advertising it and all the major hotels have extravagant bashes for a hefty fee.  I'm pretty sure we're planning on listening to it from our room and drinking our own cheap beer.

  
We came over to this hotel last week for the BPCL dinner and I got this picture of the gingerbread house for my sister, Sara.  However, at the time I was just amazed the possibility of switching over to this hotel that I didn't realize the gingerbread house is actually made out of icing and gingerbread.  Kinda.  It's a cardboard box that is covered...but still.  Gotta give them credit!  There are some pieces missing and we think people might have gotten hungry.  I'm trying to convince one of the guys to take a piece, but have been unsuccessful.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Mary, gingerbread houses ARE SUPPOSED to be made out of gingerbread and icing.... silly girl! I'd love to see one of those guys take a bite out of it! lol