 |
| Raksha school building |
I have plenty of pictures for this post, but I'll try to keep the typing to a minimum.
TRY is the key word here. Yesterday was the Christmas program for the children at Raksha. I was told to get there early, but of course things are never on time. I wandered around for awhile helping out where I could, and eventually found all my buddies in the early intervention class. As soon as I found them, one of the moms took my picture on her phone, then handed me her little girl to hold for a picture. I was glad I brought my camera and since they were taking pictures, I figured I would as well. That started a picture frenzy. They loved taking pictures with my camera, yet most of them didn't turn out or are blurry. All the moms were waiting to hand me their child so they could take a picture of us. I literally couldn't let go of one before another was being put in my arms.
It was neat to see all the moms excited for the day. Attendance isn't good, so I was curious as to how involved the parents were. They all seemed to enjoy the program and company. Two other girls are interning in the physical therapy department and dressed in sarees for the day. All the moms were pointing to them, then to me and laughing wondering where mine was. I didn't get the saree memo...but maybe next time.
 |
| This was on Tuesday. One of the girls showing Ijo a book. |
 |
| Joufer and I |
 |
| A few of the older guys ready for the program. |
|
|
 |
| Santa even threw out candy and danced with the kids. | | |
|
|
|
 |
| Safa and I. |
Safa's mother is responsible for the photo frenzy! She just loved having me hold Safa, take our picture and introduce me to her little brother and grandmother. Safa is about 4 - 5 years old (I can't keep them all straight - there's one of me and a lot of them) and is the sweetest little girl. She is always smiling, but isn't talking yet. Instead, she reads lips.
The toddler class was with us during the program and although I have never helped them out before, the mothers still wanted the kids pictures with me. This sweet little girl kept crawling in my lap. Jason said she looks like she was mad, but I promise she wasn't! "Hey..white girl, hold my baby!"
Okay, that wasn't what they were saying, but I'm sure they were thinking that.
 |
| Proof that I could not put one down in time to hold the other! Note: Joufers mother sitting him up because he was next! |
 |
| Joufer and his mother |
Joufer's mother insisted I get a picture of me kissing his cheek. The picture didn't turn out good, but the one of his mother did. Joufer just loved all the attention he was getting!
It was so much fun seeing all the kids and parents excited for Christmas. Most of the parents even wished me a Happy Christmas and most don't know English (except for a few phrases, I suppose). The kids get a week off so I won't see them again until after the New Year.
Now aren't you proud of me? I kept the typing to a minimum and posted lots of pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment