I made it to Turkey if you haven't talked to Mary yet, but I'm sure you knew already. Turkey is a gorgeous country from what I have seen so far. A lot of coastline with rolling hills and mountains right up to the water. The flight from Munich to Izmir was pretty spectacular as it was a crystal clear day with amazing views. First we flew over the snow covered Alps, and I couldn't take my eyes off the window. Then flying over all the Greek Islands on the way into Izmir was another sight to see.
As far as my current location, I am about an hour drive outside the city of Izmir, so there's not much do to in the area. The only mode of transportation I have is my ride to and from work. I am only in the refinery a couple hours a day because I was instructed to set up my "office" in the guestroom. With limited transportation, I can only get in when I can... not much to do anyway as I am just analyzing the data they send me via email.
With that, so far I have been spending the rest of my time reading while enjoying the spring like weather and views (see attached; from guestroom). Not much TV; I have BBC and occasional music videos in English. Its been nice to sit down, read, and relax while checking my email every now and then though.
No comments:
Post a Comment