I don't really have anything to blog about...and I don't even have a picture, but I thought I'd still write tonight. Tomorrow morning, we are headed to Lake Tahoe for two night and then onto Reno, NV for a night. For at least 4 hours today, we were trying to find chains for the tires on the vehicle we are taking. Since my last post..we traded our "Sweeeet Ride" in for a Ford Escape. Originally, we wanted to trade it in for a 4-wheel drive vehicle (mandatory for Lake Tahoe) but they didn't have any. Meagan is driving a Jeep Cherokee that does so we are switching her for a few days, but are still required to get tire chains. They must be serious about this. Alright, so 4 hours of my day was spent running around from Auto Zone to Pep Boys, to random local auto shops to Wal-Marts to Sams Club only to realize that NO ONE has the size we need. Seriously, they are just chains and WHY do they cost $90????? I'm confused. You put a bunch of chains together and charge that much? Who's getting all this money?? Oh well... so I finally find a WalMart on the route there that has them. We'll get them in the morning. We also went shopping for snow pants, gloves, etc.
I've never been skiing before so this should be interesting. We are taking lessons Tuesday morning and then have the whole afternoon to ski. : ) Don't worry.. I will find a spot to hide my camera in my winter gear so I can take pictures because this will be entertaining!
Two nights at a Marriott Vacation Resort and then a night at Harrahs in Reno... maybe we'll bring back BIG MONEY! lol. I'm not sure if internet is free or what that situation is, so I might not be able to update until Thursday when we get back.
So....wish me luck. Hope I don't fall and break anything! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment