Monday, March 15, 2010

I really don't know much


I took the train up on Thursday and have been hanging out in Chicago since then. We were supposed to leave Friday for Mexico...then it got changed to Monday. We're still here. Don't you guys understand UOP by now? You should know not to believe me. Friday was a really nice out and I just went shopping. Shh..don't tell Jason I spent his (I mean..our) money. Thursday night I had my "Lent = no meat" dinner because we had plans for Korean BBQ with friends on Friday. I'm not passing that up! Who's idea was it that we HAD to give up meat on Fridays? Can I not just pick the day? I might get lectured about that later. Since I don't have any awesome pictures of the beach in Mexico or Chile (where we were supposed to go until the earthquake) I decided to post some random pictures. This is Jignesh (Prince Jiggy as Diana and I call him), Nick and Eugene. Two other friends, Amanda and David also joined us and are sitting on the other side, hence why you can't see them. You pretty much just cook the meat on the grill on the table and have all these sauces, garlic and extras you add to it. Delicious. We all left smelling like grease though.



This next photo is of a cake my sister designed for a bridal shower. It was a wedding shower for a girl I went to high school with actually. It's a small world. The colors are beautiful and the cake turned out amazing. My mom usually helps her deliver them, but in this case...mom was in Mexico and I was home. I show up to my sisters house and after being amazed at the cake and taking pictures, I ask if she wants me to drive or hold the cake. Drive, she says. Okay, my truck or your car? My truck. WOAH.. now, I'm nervous. Yes, I was the crazy lady in the black truck driving in the far right lane, driving slow on the Lloyd Expressway telling my sister before I hit every bump. No worries - cake was delivered in one piece!

For those of you who follow my blog with hopes of us actually leaving the country to update you on interesting adventures, I apologize. Maybe I should stop the blog and then we'd actually go somewhere awesome. Yeah, probably not. Anyway, Caitlin, a friend of mine (her husband, Matt works with Jason) is in India right now and has been keeping a blog as well. So..check hers out. The link is to your right - She's gone Rogue. Don't forget to check back in with me though, as I hope to be going somewhere soon. She's a really good writer and her posts always make me laugh. Mainly because she's in India and after spending a few months there last year, I can relate to most of her stories!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Any and all updates are great! :)

Caitlin said...

Thanks for the plug, Mary! I love your blog, so you keep updating yours so I have something to read!