Friday, March 19, 2010

Who would have thought?

  ....there's a Burger King here?   Of course, that's where we ate today.  It's about a 20 min drive down the road on the way to the store.  The food tasted the same but the Mexican food isn't bad, so I doubt we eat there much..if we even go again.  Today, since Jason didn't have to work last night, we went into the store, to find an ATM and recharge his cell phone.  The first time, we had the number wrong so we are out $150 pesos.  Maybe he can expense that? 
The store was pretty much a Wal-Mart.  It didn't have Wal-Mart signs on the outside, but there were a couple inside and they had Great Value brands.  We got a few things to get by...there's no fridge here, so we can't keep anything cold but we still got some drinks and fruit to snack on. 

 ...and here is the picture a few of you have asked for......  our hotel.  This is from our balcony.  Now, by balcony, I mean there's enough room for two people to stand.  For some reason, they didn't finish the balcony so only the part by the door is where we can stand.  They are all like that so I know it's not just because they didn't finish, but why would you not just make the whole thing a balcony?  I regret to inform you, the swim-up bar is not open.  But.. the sun was still out.  That's all I need.  The wind was blowing really hard again today.  Jason brought it to my attention that some of those trees have coconuts at the top.  I can just see myself getting hit by one - that's how strong the wind has been!  I'm sure that would hurt, so I hope that doesn't happen.  Jason is on 12hr night shifts starting tonight.  I won't be able to stay up all night though...but it's only for a week or so.  If I do anything (besides lay by the pool) tomorrow...I'll update you.    : )

1 comment:

Angela said...

Not bad of a road-wife pool ;)