Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Popcorn. Thank You.

There is nothing really to update you on but I said I would update often, so today you get to "listen" ...or read, rather, my ramblings.  I don't even have more pictures.  Jason has started his 12 hour night shifts finally.  They aren't that much fun for either of us, but you know...it's part of the job.  We haven't gone anywhere or done anything in the last few days due to him working nights.  It takes a few days to get adjusted.
Anyway,  we haven't done anything. Nada...Zip...Zilch.  Oh, they didn't have a reservation for us last night so we stayed with Meagan (each room has 2 double beds) instead of our other choice - a luxurious, not so clean, smelly hostel they forced Meagan and the other girl to stay in on their first night here.  Meagans room it is.  I think they caught on.  They were trying to ask us where we stayed last night.  Oh..then I got followed back to Meagans room after I wouldn't let the guy help with luggage.  I think they will try to charge her extra. Whatever.  I hate not being able to speak the language, but I frown upon it when I feel like we're being taken advantage of.  Seriously, who cares where we stayed last night.  (after thought - they charged Meagan for the night of us staying, but it was small....who cares)
Jason was trying to sleep during the day, but they were cutting down a tree right outside.  It was literally right outside of Meagans window - we moved rooms so we're a bit away now, but could still hear the chainsaw.  Poor guy had to sleep with earplugs in. 
The food here is okay, but we just have to watch what we eat.  Don't ask.  I travel with a few things, but we kind of left at the last min and therefore I didn't prepare like I normally do.  I always have spices - never know when we'll have the ability to cook.  (and we got tired of buying spices and leaving them, so I have a whole bag now)  A few other things.....and....an entire gallon zip-lock bag of popcorn bags travel with me as well.  Oh, tonight it was wonderful.  I streamed a video online, walked to the restaurant with a mini-100 calorie-popcorn bag in tow (I saw they had a microwave) and I didn't even have to ask - she just took it from me and started the microwave!  Uh...mazing! 
They should be finishing the job up maybe this weekend.  But, now that I say that it'll be sometime next week.  Things aren't too bad here, but part of me wants to leave just so I'm not worried about what I'm eating. Seriously.

No comments: