| Trying to catch some Zzzzz's..... in the rain. |
It's official... monsoon season number 2 has started. Actually, I'm not even sure when season 1 ended, but I suppose we did have a few nice days this past weekend. There was a break in the rain yesterday and we decided to get out for lunch only to walk outside to it pouring again. We still went out but the rain only got worse. Kat was brave and wanted to get some pictures outside and convinced me to go along. We wrapped our cameras up with plastic sacks and off we went.
| Brotherly Love.. soon after this, they gave us the PEACE sign. |
Everyone out seemed more than willing to have their picture taken. I started to get a picture of these four guys just walking but then they noticed me and started to pose. They were coupled up with their arms around each other but then grouped up for us. Most men here walk around either holding each others hand or have their arms across another guys shoulders. It seems odd, but that's their culture; they love each other.
The walkway that we were on is right outside our hotel and usually has a lot of people on it. Once it rains, most people duck inside to one of the stores along the route. The puddles were huge but the rain had slowed down a bit by that time.
| Think he bought that shirt in the US? |
This little guy above was too cute not to photograph! This coffee and juice shop was pretty full since it was raining and he didn't mind us taking his picture. Of course, I really just thought it was funny how he had on an USA flag shirt. He probably bought it at Old Navy. I told you my blogs would be nonsense until I leave for Thailand... which, by the way, is in 4 days! But who's counting?
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment