Friday, January 29, 2010

Sweeeeet Ride


For a rental car, we always try to get something different. We pretty much already know what we want in a car when we buy one. Seriously... we like this, we like that.. we don't like that, etc. I think this whole traveling thing has made us more picky..and possibly spoiled. Not sure which though. But anyways... we've had Altimas the last two times we were here so we thought of trying something different. Let's back up.. I'll walk you through our normal "picking a rental car" routine. There's nothing normal about it, actually.

We exit the airport...all four pieces of luggage in tow..plus two backpacks (if you forget how big they are...refer to a few posts back). Once to the rental car lot, which usually involves either a bus ride that Jason takes by himself with me at the terminal still (w/ all luggage).... or numerous elevators, tram rides, etc. I stand with all of our things patiently waiting and tapping my foot. Okay, joking about the tapping the foot thing, but the thought has crossed my mind. Jason is roaming around the lot looking for the best possible option we have. Are we driving home (need good gas mileage), will need extra room, or want a fun car we've never had. He'll sit in the vehicle sometimes, turn it on to see how many miles it has or just to see if it's comfortable. In the meantime, I'm just hanging out watching our bags. Eventually he picks a car. Sometimes I have to step in and just pick one. Seriously, it's just a car. Maybe he thinks it's a game? Well, this time Jason starts walking back to me with a BIG grin on his face and keys in hand. He found a Dodge Challenger and you would have thought he just won a big prize. Part of his grin was because he knew what my reaction would be! This is the biggest car ever and it's heavy! Therefore, I'm parking in the back of every lot for fear I'm going to hit the car in front of me. I can't even see it! Here's a picture of our ride for the next few weeks...


Okay, sorry this is so long. We haven't done anything yet and Jason's been working a lot except for last weekend. We had some other coworkers over on Sunday for football and chili. At first we thought we'd be out here longer, but it looks like maybe just another week and half to two weeks. It's been really rainy here, but the other day was beautiful, sunny and in the 60's! The rain is fastly approaching again, don't you worry. I know most of you back in the midwest are getting snow so I want to make sure you know it's not sunny and 60 everyday here!
Jason has a few days off next week so we might go to Lake Tahoe and try to rent a cabin on the lake or something. Maybe some snowmobiling.. skiing...I duno. Anyone been there? If so.. email me! We'd love suggestions on things to do!

1 comment:

Sara said...

hahaha.... I can just see that big o' grin of his!! That is a boy toy if I ever saw one! The hood on that thing looks like something out of the 60's or 70's! hahaha way too funny!