I said I would try to update everyday....so here ya go. This is a picture from 2 years ago yesterday. April 19, 2008. Jason was on his first assignment in Porvoo, Finland and we were staying in Helsinki, the capital. This picture is from Suomenlinna, a Sea Fortress on and island right off of Helsinki that was built when Sweden owned the island in 1748. It is still home to a few (small) museums and hosts numerous tours throughout the summer. There were still cannon balls lying around and it also had the oldest Finnish Submarine on the island. This assignment was a bit odd for us. Normally, we should have been like... " wow, awesome...who else gets to go to Finland?" But instead, I was miserable. At that point, I couldn't see us still "on the road" two years later. I was terribly homesick. I have a friend (Rita - from my Build-A-Bear days) that was emailing me at least once a day with things to do. - which helped a ton! I wish I could just pack a few of you up and bring you with me. I have a few in mind that I know would LOVE to be my personal tour guide. I'll start taking applications soon. Anyway, we actually went to Finland without a travel guide, translator book and even personal books to read. I have no idea what I expected to do. No wonder I was so homesick. I learned my lesson real fast. I apologize to all of you that had to listen to me cry (wait...did we even have Skype set up yet? Oh my.... we were rookies!) and my sappy emails of how much I missed you all. You should at least feel loved. Annnnddd..... here we are two years later.
The job is delayed by a day or two, but we are still on the plan to go to Montreal, Canada the beginning of May.
So, did you find the Evansville patch? I know a couple of you did. If not, it's in the shape of Indiana and the second row from the top.

No comments:
Post a Comment