Thursday, April 15, 2010

Texas Energy Museum

Jason had this morning off so we slept in until 7:30 (he was getting up at 5:30 every morning).  Notice how I said HE was getting up.  I'd get up with him, but then go back to bed after he left.  So, today we decided to get out and see the town of Beaumont.  This was the first day he's had more than an hour or two off so we wanted to get out.  Texas Energy Museum was our first stop.  It didn't take long too go through it and it only cost $2/person.  Most of it was about oil rigs and refineries and the oil processes.  Some of those Jason works with so I got a lesson in oil refining.  It was interesting - but he got a call from an engineer at the plant saying they wanted him in earlier than expected, so we had to hurry though.  No big deal ....at $2/person, we can go back if he really wants to.  We walked around Crockett Street in downtown Beaumont.  I'm sure it's a pretty hoppin' place on the weekends.  There were a few neat looking restaurants that we'll probably try to go back to.
                                                                                                                                               
It's about that time when we start to wonder where they are sending us next.  They do "road mapping" as we call it, on Tuesdays.  Last week, we got assigned to Porvoo, Finland.  Yes, for those of you that remember, it was our very first assignment.  They wanted Jason there this week, so of course we had to tell his bosses that this job wasn't going to be done on time.  Yesterday, we got assigned to Montreal, Canada.  It's only supposed to be a week.  We are already planning our trip.  I think it'd be cool to drive over into Maine and then maybe also go check out Niagra Falls, but that's a bit of a drive.  See, I'm planning it but it might change.  You know the drill....
Since we haven't done much while we've been here due to Jason working so much, I decided I might try to still post every day, but maybe blog about another trip in our journey.  Today, I typed out an email to Beth, one of Jason's coworkers, who just got to Finland for that job.  I was giving her recommendations of things to do, etc.  It made me realize that I could always blog about those things to, even though that was two years ago, it'll give some of you a better sense of our traveling life!

No comments: