Sunday, April 25, 2010

Traveling Project



Yes, we are still in Beaumont, Texas for all of you wondering if we were coming back this weekend.  You can cancel the party for us.  It looks like (maybe) we will be out of here Tuesday.  That all depends on how things go the next few days at the plant.  In the mean time, I have taken up a new hobby.  In my mind, I have big plans for learning how to make these.  I'll explain some other day when I reach my goal.  For now, under my mothers instructions, I have to start simple.  (Thanks, Mom. It's not as easy as it looks)  I guess it's like learning to how to write your name before learning cursive.  Do they even teach cursive anymore?  But... gotta start somewhere, right?  I'm making these small, silverware holders.  Something easy to start with, although I doubt I ever use them as silverware holders.  After I finish these, I plan to work on an actual stocking.  My mom made all of us ones when we were kids and I absolutely love them.  They are so unique.  I have a couple kits for ones for Jason and I and hopefully after I get these perfected, I'll continue on to those...  I'll keep you updated.
Yesterday I had the car ......ALL.....DAY....LONG.  Seriously, I had no plans, yet it was awesome.  I felt free.  Shannon has offered to switch cars with Jason before, but I don't want to be a burden.  I basically just went shopping - found some really good deals on clothes - and went to the bookstore.  I ate out for lunch and met a nice couple who were asking me how I learned to use chopsticks. 
I got a new book to read....so off to the pool (again). 

1 comment:

Sara Nelson Grubb said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of felt crafting!!! It looks great Mary!!! You did an awesome job!!!