Friday, August 13, 2010

Birthday Boy!

I have no idea why they make it so difficult to get into India.  Maybe soooo many people want to go?  We applied for our Indian Visas last Monday... as in the 9th.  The same day that we flew into Chicago from Chile, our flight was delayed and we had to go straight downtown in order to not miss our Visa appointment.  That's another story. (for my followers...  my didgeridoo DID in fact, arrive safely in one piece)  Back on topic... For the visas, they want a ton of info.  Copy of Birth Certificate was the new one for this year.  Along with a copy of my drivers license - why?.. I have no idea.  I don't plan on driving.  Copy of marriage license, and a few forms to fill out.  Jason's required a lot more due to him have an employment visa.  They are supposed to take "up to two weeks" to process.


After applying for visas, we spent the week hanging out with other roadies and roadwives that are back.  The famous roadbaby, London, also celebrated his first birthday at none other than the Marriott Residence Inn.  Jason and I already had dinner plans, so we arrived early, helped set up a bit and even did a trial run for pictures.  Thanks to the orange wall, most of my pictures look orange. 


Probably my favorite picture of the Birthday Boy!




I have already made numerous trips to Wal-Mart, Target and Old Navy.  Even threw a trip to Woodfield Mall in there.  We have a list - a page long - of things we need to get before leaving.  For some reason, I'm checking things off....but it still keeps growing.







If we don't have our visas back by the end of today, we get to drive home.  I'm super excited to see family before leaving for an eternity.  I know, 6 months isn't an eternity, but it's India and those 6 months could easily turn into 8 or 9 months.  Of if we're lucky, only 4-5 months.

1 comment:

Angela said...

That is the most HANDSOME baby boy I have every seen! :D