We didn't really go down south, but we did head about 6 hours south this past weekend because we still didn't have our Indian Visas. I remember in Chile, Shannon and I made an "offering to the gods" as she called it... lol. (it worked!!) I prayed we would be able to make a trip home. Seriously, I'm not sure how I would have handled being gone for 6 months in India without seeing family. We've been fortunate enough to have short assignments, therefore I am spoiled when it comes to going home. I'm also spoiled in other ways, but I'm trying to stay on topic here.
 |
| My sister, Sara and Nemo. |
I'm apologize if we didn't call or hang out with many friends while home, we didn't do much at all besides spend time with family. They seemed to enjoy us visiting.... I mean, who wouldn't? (I hope you have a sense of humor... sometimes people take things the wrong way when they are typed!) It was super hot of course so my sister and I gave my puppies a treat. Remember those Freezy pops that come in a huge bag or box? They seemed to like them...
 |
| My puppy, Stitch. He's no puppy anymore, really. |
Remember when Jason came home from India right before Christmas and he brought me a lovely marble table from Agra? Well.... a friend of his dads made this mahogany table for it. We heard about it for weeks while it was just sitting at his parents, but we wanted to see it in person. He even put a light under it. It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I can't wait to have it in our house someday... when we're not living in hotels, that is.
 |
| Marble and semi-precious stone table from Agra, India set in Mahogany wood. The legs are the original ones hand carved from India. |
I also got my hair chopped because it was getting too long anyway. I didn't want to know what it would look like it if I let it grow for 6 months. eww.
We also got to squeeze in a last minute (as in Sunday evening) trip over to see David and Sarah and their little girl, Kylie. She's so precious, but I don't think she liked me. They said she gets fussy in the evening, but she could have either been mad that we were
just now meeting her or just plain didn't like us. Or.. maybe it was because Jason was smelly and dirty. He went out on the river on a friends boat earlier in the day and then we were cooking out at his aunt and uncles in the evening. (he didn't hold her, don't worry) Did I mention it was really hot all weekend? Anyway, Kylie is adorable, even though she cried for all but 2.5 seconds that I was holding her. Maybe next time, Kylie. : )
 |
| Terrible picture of me... but Kylie is cute :) |
Visa update: Jason has his employment visa but my entry visa (based off of his employment visa) is still "being processed". It's been "being processed" since Monday. Apparently there's a lot that goes into this process.
2 comments:
Your hair is so cute!
Thats a good look for you... and the hair ain't bad either ;)
Post a Comment