Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Take it and go.

I know you all were awaiting the news of our arrival in Kochi, India.  Well, we're here.  It's India....but better than Jamangar and Panipat.  Third time is the charm, right?  Maybe not so much (but a little).  The hotel is pretty nice and the power doesn't randomly go out like it did in Panipat.  They actually serve potatoes with breakfast, not chips like in Panipat.  We have wireless internet not that old form of an internet hook up they call a "cable".  Our room comes equipped with a ceiling fan and the bathroom has a big cup perfect for washing our behinds in case we choose not to use toilet paper.  Oh, the joys of India.

St Theresa School
Yesterday, Kat (the other roadwife here) and I attempted to find a grocery store in hopes of getting some water and other random things.  We were told to turn left and walk about 15 minutes.  We walked for about an hour after asking a few other people where it was.  Apparently they didn't know either.  I don't think there are road names here either as everyone gives directions by landmarks.  Turn right out of the hotel, then left at the Buddha statue are the directions we will follow today.  We did in fact find an ATM (the third one we tried actually had money to dispense) and the Liquor store.  So even though we didn't find a store, we at least know where to get alcohol and money. 

I only took a few pictures yesterday, but when we venture out again today for attempt number two to find a store (we need to turn right, not left) I will take more pictures.  It is basically always cloudy here and very muggy.  Monsoon season 2 starts in October where it storms everyday starting at 3pm.  How fun.

Once they come and clean our room today, I will also take a picture so you can see our home for the next few months.  And by "few", I mean 6.     

Lack of traffic... usually it's MUCH worse

2 comments:

chevys10 said...

Glad you guys made it. Be safe!

Shannon Sullivan said...

just take it and go! LOVE IT! glad to hear you guys made it safely!