Saturday, August 21, 2010

We're Movin On...

...to Kochi, India.  Yes, we're packing again, although we never really unpacked this time due to "leaving today, no tomorrow" issue.  Basically we're just organizing.  Thanks to a late flight to Frankfurt this evening, I have all day to organize (and update the blog). 

This week we made a few trips downtown to drop off our visas and pick them up and we randomly came across this Transformers 3 movie set.  We were asked to be extras so we got to do some amazing stunts like jump out of this burning bus!

a burnt bus
the bus stop....or lack of bus stop
Okay, actually we weren't extras.  I was joking about that part but I bet you believed me for a moment.  The couple we are going to India with met us for dinner and told us about the set.  The "concrete" is actually styrofoam that's spray painted.  Now you know the trick! 

the set from across the street
My visa finally came in yesterday so that was our third and final trip downtown.  Since we will be eating numerous vegetarian dishes and with a lack of wine, we dined at Tango Sur Steakhouse.  It's a BYOB (Bring Your Own Bottle  - or beer, I suppose) restaurant.  We both ordered steak...and if you really know me, you know I don't eat a lot of steak and Jason always loves him some steak.  Mine was covered in mushrooms so he stayed clear of mine.  I plan on reheating mine for lunch here shortly...












Anyway...off to India we go.  We have an overnight in Mumbai before flying out to Kochi the next afternoon.  I'll update when we get settled.  Good bye Ammuurrrica.  

(I stole that from Caitlin.  Thanks C8)

2 comments:

Hema said...

Don't gooo!!!! You should feel bad for leaving me all by myself in Chicago :( Have a safe trip!

Caitlin said...

hahahahaha! i love amurica!