Today, another roadie (that term refers to anyone traveling for UOP), Andres, and I went over to Valparaiso to walk around and see La Sebastiana - Pablo Neruda's house. Pablo Neruda was a well-known poet and politician in Chile who had three houses. Two over look the ocean and for the third house, he had waterfalls built surrounding it. This house in Valparaiso was built on the hill over looking the coast.
| Of course I had a little chat with Pablo Neruda. |
As you learned from my previous post about Valparaiso, it's very artsy. Most buildings are brightly painted and graffiti is a common sight.
Tomorrow the plan is to visit another one of his houses which is about an hour and half from here. I'll take pictures, don't you worry.
Ciao!
1 comment:
I've been to one of those houses! I can't remember which one, but it had a big mermaid in it that weeped when it was foggy out. Sound familiar?
Post a Comment