Sunday, June 20, 2010

Final Day Down Under

I am still in disbelief that Jason got an assignment in Australia.  It just doesn't seem real - usually we're in middle of nowhere places.  We were fortunate enough to be able to take some vacation time to enjoy Sydney as well.  I'm so thankful for the opportunity to travel with his work...I know that sounds cheesey, but it's true. 

There are times when I complain about the smallest thing - (aka nothing to do in Mexico besides sit by the pool....or how sick we got from the food) and my dad always has a way of reminding me that we should be thankful none the less.  We always are, but we get spoiled at some locations, then others aren't so much fun and Jason works 12-14 hr shifts the whole time.  The other day my father told me that I should appreciate Jason and the work he does so that we can see the world.  I had to laugh..and of course I told Jason - which now every time I say something negative about it, he reminds me that I should appreciate him more.  Thanks, Dad.   Happy Father's Day!!  Not sure if I will actually get to talk to you today (time change, traveling in the morning..) but just in case, I thought I'd let you know how much I care - on my blog.  : )


Since it was our last day here, we took a lunch cruise that we found on the internet.  It was cheaper than those other people and the hotel recommended.  It served the purpose...but it was rather odd.  I felt like we were in Asia on a cruise.  We were a minority, the boat wasn't full and the menu had something for everyone -  roast beef (we think), chicken, little potatoes (neu potatoes?) white rice, mixed veggies, gravy, fettuccine alfredo, rolls, shrimp, muscles, bread, cole slaw and..........kimchi (basically just cooked cabbage with spices and sauce, comes with every meal in South Korea).  It was all good - just random.  See.. I just said something negative.  I should appreciate Jason for his hard work and the time we spent on the cruise around Sydney Harbor.   : )

We also walked around this afternoon and caught the sunset over the Opera House and Harbor Bridge.  Thankfully, we got a few pictures before my camera battery died.  Tomorrow, we are flying to Santiago, Chile for his next assignment.  Expect a delay before I can update again...it takes awhile to get there - even from here.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I try to remind myself of how lucky we are also!