- A corn ear always has even rows
- Gephyrophobia is a fear of crossing bridges
- The term Blue Chip comes from the poker chip with the highest value
- There are more than 10,000 varieties of tomatoes
- Earth is the only planet not names after a god
- The blue whale's tongue is heavier than an adult elephant
- The underside of a horse's hoof is called a frog
- The hump of a camel can weigh up to 35 kgs
I don't know how I didn't know those things..
The picture is random, I know..but the Botanical Gardens have all these trees that look like this. They are very wide - but not so tall so the branches just go on forever.
To the left is the Treasury Building...and yes, that is the Casino! It's so neat inside because they have left it mostly original so it reminded me of an old courthouse building. Lots of smaller rooms dedicated to a certain game - not completely open like most casinos are now. Cameras weren't allowed, so I was unable to get a picture of how much I won there. Just kidding...
It looks like we'll be able to take a few days vacation and enjoy it here or in Sydney on the way out. Chile has been delayed by just a few days so at least we won't be hurrying out of Australia. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment