Follow Jason and I as settle down after traveling the world for 3.5 years!
Monday, June 14, 2010
Time, Anyone?
While I was out walking today (do I ever do anything besides that?) I noticed that someone had put a watch on the hand. I think it was a good idea - I didn't know what time it was until I passed there. The watch wasn't there yesterday, so someone must have gotten creative overnight. Now if anyone asks me what time it is, I will simply point (pun intended) them to the hand.
I went for a run by myself today... I know, that's a shock. Usually I have to go with Jason otherwise I find something else I need to occupy my time with. There is a trail along the river and one way leads to the Botanical Gardens, the other leads to a floating walkway and I have no idea what else besides the other side of the river. Jason found that out yesterday on his run...so off I go today. I took my new camera with me (with the wrist holder on - don't worry) so I could get some neat pictures of Story Bridge and the city. The floating walkway is just that...floating. I didn't quite believe it until a ferry passed down the river and the small waves on the water even made it move. It was neat and there were plenty of walkers and runners out - perfect weather to make me want to go for a run tomorrow too. We'll see what else I have to do.
I did get to Chinatown today because it was right by the laundry place. Most places were closed due to it being a holiday here. I forget what holiday it is... Jason told me though. I'll go back tomorrow when it's hopping with tons of people and get pictures. It must be just like China, right? I'm also debating on which didgeridoo to buy. I snuck (is that a word? I don't think it is.) a picture real quick so I can show Jason and see what he thinks. Some of them show more of the original wood where as others are completely, brightly painted. I just can't make up my mind. I shall update you on that situation tomorrow.
Juicy Facts from breakfast today:
- Astronauts cannot burp in space. (uh oh! How do they release air?)
- Crocodiles swallow stones to help them dive deeper.
- Eskimos use refrigerators to keep their food from freezing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Astronauts cannot burp in space.-----very interesting!
Post a Comment