Saturday, January 2, 2010

5...4...3...2...1...Happy New Year!


I was originally going to post the video I took from Times Square as the ball dropped, but didn't realize I couldn't rotate the video. Silly me.. I took the video sideways since it would have been lined up better, but oh well. You can't really see much in the video anyway. We got there about 6:30 and were 11 blocks from the ball. We could see it, but after standing there for 5 1/2 hrs, we realized that we should have just gotten there to line up really early (3pm or so) becuase then we would have been up by the stage and had entertainment all night. Instead, we were cold, 11 blocks away with the only entertainment being people watching...which was interesting in itself. I'm glad we went...and for a little over an hour, there was a rain/snow/ice mix falling, but it wasn't too bad because we were all crowded together.
On New Years Day, we went over to Brooklyn and say the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges. We also took the Liberty and Ellis Island ferry to explore there. The farthest up the Statue of Liberty we could get was the pedestel..which is just below the feet of the statue. Right where the brownish concrete base ends. In order to get to the crown, we would have to book it about 3-4 months in advance because due to security reasons, they only let a group of 8 an hour go up...with a park ranger.
...and on to my New Years resolution. I'll save that for another post!

No comments: