Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A New Year

Since I don't have a picture for this post... thought I'd share an old one! This was taken a few years ago at a Purdue football game while we were tailgating, imagine that..! haha. We had so much fun tailgating with everyone.

And onto my post for today...


I thought I'd start out this year with a New Years resolution blog. I don't plan on making resolutions that I can't keep...because then what's the point, right? (and maybe if I write about on here... it'll force me to keep with it!) First of all, I want to keep better track of this blog. So many times I get behind or we aren't doing much and I just don't write anything. I can always talk about something - random thoughts even. Maybe I won't update it every day, but I can definitely keep better tabs on it!



Another resolution is to try and keep my family and friends safe. I know that sounds odd... but even numbered years have a not-so-good history with my family. ('94, '96, '02, '04 '06, '08) I really hope we can stop that this year so I'll continue praying that everyone is safe and healthy! It probably sounds superstitious, but it does scare me. We can't live in fear because then we wouldn't do anything or be ourselves; we just have to hope for a happy and healthy 2010!



....and I'll go ahead and admit that part of my resolution is to get in shape. Okay, I said it. I now join the millions of other people with the SAME plan! It's soo hard while traveling. It's kinda like we're on vacation all the time - and we all know we eat out more on vacation! We do try to watch what we eat, but sometimes we don't stay in a hotel room with a mini kitchen and are forced to eat out a lot. I'm not saying that I'm going to work out so many days per days a week or lose so many pounds. I'm going to be realistic here! I just plan to watch what I eat a little better and hope for a good outcome. That sounds achievable, right?

We leave for San Fransisco this evening!! YIPPEE! So ready to get out of the cold weather, even if it is just for a week or so. : ) I'll update everyone when we get there!

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2010! Remember to count your blessings - we forget about them so often!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Love the post!!! Now, about your resolutions missy... we need to get a plan of action together! I gotta make mine last longer than just a couple weeks.... hehe