Last night, the whole crew had the evening off due to some issues at the refinery which I won't bore you with. What better way to spend the evening than at a horse track? They race all evening so off we went..
There was usually about 20 minutes between races so it allowed us ample time to collect our winnings (well, some of us anyway) and bet again. A few times we stopped over at the restaurant/bar for a beverage.
One of the things Chile is known for is the completo. It sounds rather gross...but the ingredients are as follows: one big hot dog, diced tomatoes, avacado and a jar of mayonnaise. Okay, not maybe an entire jar, but close. Oh..and add a little hot sauce on top and waaaa-lahh! You have a completo. Jason and I always try to find some random food the country is known for and order it. Maybe ordering it at the track wasn't the greatest idea, but Jason and Cliff ate it anyway. Don't worry, I tried a bite, but only one bite.
That was the extent of our night. I won absolutely no money. Refer to previous post on horse racing...I never win when Jason is with me. Never...nada. I'm sure that if I go again while we're here, I won't be taking Jason and I'll be walking away with some winnings.
2 comments:
You had me until the mayo. Sounds kind of good up until that point! I'd probably like it without the hot dog, too...
I saw that on the street here the other day and just figured it was some vegitarian who ordered a hotdog with no dog! LOL
Post a Comment