Friday, July 30, 2010

Procrastination


This can be considered my blog post from yesterday because of a few things:

Numero Uno - These pictures were all taken yesterday
Numero Dos - It's raining today
Numero Tres - I'm procrastinating because I have to walk to drop off laundry...... in the rain.

I found some pretty flowers on my way to the mall yesterday and you all know how much I love to photograph flowers.  Usually I have our nice camera with us if I'm planning to take cool shots, but since we were just walking to the mall and lunch, I had my new, small Nikon Coolpix with me.  I think it turned out good considering it's just a regular point and shoot, but indeed....it does have some fancy features.  I just can't lose this one.  There's been a few nights where I've woken up (after being out the previous night or at the discotecha) and I've had to search in the dark - middle of the night and Jason is sleeping - for my camera and wallet when in fact, I've double checked before leaving the place that I have it.  I'm so worried about losing something again that I've done that multiple times.  I hope it doesn't become a problem.
Mall
Above is a picture of the mall I walked to yesterday.  It's really nice and has a lot of stores.  Most have random clothing which isn't really in style (for the US).  I think they are stuck in the 80s here.  Seriously...but, the mall is nice to walk around and there are plenty of restaurants in the food court and even a Ruby Tuesdays.


Now this takes talent..... 
















Along my walk back, I walked by the beach and saw these neat sand creations.  Jason and I saw the guy making these one evening, but since it was dark, the picture didn't turn out well.  I'm not quite sure what he uses to color the sand, but it looked like spices.  They were roped off and of course a sign that I think was asking for money.  I threw down a couple coins because I took a few pictures. 



Tomorrow (work permitting) we are planning on going to Laguna del Inca which is about 3 hours away.  From what I've heard and pictures that I've seen, it reminds me of Lake Tahoe.  Basically a big lake with lots of ski resorts in the Andes Mountains.  Some people are planning on skiing or snowboarding..... I plan on taking pictures of everyone.  I'll be sure to have the camera ready for when they fall.


And........Jason's Grandparents are celebrating their 60th Anniversary today!

Happy 60th Wedding Anniversary Grandma and Grandpa!  We wish we could be there to celebrate with everyone tomorrow.  Enjoy the party : )





No comments: