Friday, July 2, 2010

Graffiti in Valpo




Today Ben, Vito and I took the train over to Valparaiso to explore some of that area.  It was about a 15 min ride along the coast.  Unfortunately, there's not much to see other than people begging for money, dog poo on the streets and graffiti.  Part of the city reminded me of San Fran because of the steep hills.  We were told to take an elevator up to a look out point to get good views of the city.  Somehow, we missed the sign for the elevator and decided to walk it.  We're glad we did as the sides of most of the buildings were covered in graffiti.  It was pretty neat to see and most of the artwork was very good  - unlike what is usually on train cars that consist of jumbled letters.  Here are a few pictures of what we saw.  Even Avatar and the Pope were on a building.







We were disappointed there wasn't much else and it was a very cloudy, overcast day.  Not the best day to go - but no big deal.  We did manage to find the elevator and took it down the hill.  That was interesting.  I wasn't sure if I should hold on or if it would even make it.  I took that picture as we were getting ready to go down. 

Nothing else to really update you on...  besides finding some good wine.  I tired it at the store after recommendations but haven't opened the bottle yet.   Maybe manana. 

No comments: