Wednesday, July 28, 2010

One more winery, of course.

We had to squeeze one more winery in before we left...

I have a few extra pictures after our visit today because I couldn't decide on which ones to post.  I guess you get them all.  Shannon had to work the weekend the rest of us took a trip, so since she was off work today, we decided to try out another winery since it's pretty easy and cheap to get to.  The wine wasn't as good as the previous winery, but none the less, it was a fun trip.  Vina Indomita was set on top of a hill in the mountains with a good view of Casablanca Wine Valley.

                                                                                                     One thing I LOVE about Chile is how cheap their wine is.  You can get a really good bottle of vino for $6.  The cheapest we found (Jason likes this kind) is less than $2 - and that's the price of the bottle, not the box.  I plan on bringing back the max 2 bottles and so does Jason - well, I told him he had to.       

 

See... the picture above makes it look like you were there, right?  You even have a glass of Sauvignon Blanc in your hand!  I bought a bottle of that and it was only $4.  Seriously.  

While we were waiting for the bus back, we had a friendly visitor.  He was too cute. 







I plan on making the most of my time here because of where we are headed next.  We should be here for another week or so...then it's back to...........
India.         Kochi, India to be exact.  From what I've seen, it doesn't look too bad.  It's supposed to be one of the nicer places and after having been to two of the not-so-nice places in India, I'm ready to see if that statement is correct.  So far, Wikipedia makes it look nice.  We shall see (unless the assignment changes and we all know how that can happen).


...and a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Mom!!!  : )  xoxo

2 comments:

Angela said...

Trick for liquor. Put one bottle in each bag. They don't catch the extra because they don't know what bags are all together! Also on the small chance you get caught...big deal you throw away a $4 bottle! LOL

Mary said...

Thanks for the tip! We only have four bags total so I'll just put two in one and one in another and see if it works!