Meet Apu...
He is also a new student at Raksha and is about 1.5 yr old. Sometimes I'm not sure they know exactly how old the child is. He's not talking or walking yet and has some trouble focusing, but for now, they are just getting him used to being in the classroom by letting him sit with his mother. I love how a lot of the children have jewelery on..especially cross necklaces. Adorable :)
Ijo's mother started working this school year and she teaches the morning session at another school so his grandfather brings him every day now. He also gets to eat lunch with us since either his mother or grandfather don't come until after lunch is over. He's doing better with food, but it'll help a lot when he gets his new chair that has been ordered.... yes, it's been 3 months. I'm keeping tabs on it and hopefully will be ready soon!
I'm glad they are okay with my always having my camera with me. Now, if something big happens (like this), they ask me to photograph it. I occasionally give them a CD with the photos so they have them to keep anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment