Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Little Racing and More


At the mall where Taco Bell was located, they were having a Go Green drive.  They had this large plastic made man in a crawling motion on the floor - all made from plastic waste.  Kind of neat. 



When we got to the horse track, I quickly realized how uncomfortable it might be.  Hundreds of Indian men gambling away and it was packed - that's putting it lightly.  Hardly any room to walk, let alone sit down.  Heads turned when we walked in because I'm sure they aren't used to seeing white people or even a female at the track.  I saw a few other ladies, but maybe only 5 more.  After quickly deciding not to bet because of the crowds, we found a seat and watched a few races.  In the photo below, you can see a few men by the bushes down in front.  That was the watering hole.  Not joking.  If someone had to pee, they didn't waste the time to find the restrooms (I mean, who does that anymore? lol) they just went down to the front and relieved themselves.  We see it a lot on the side of the road, but I was surprised how many men just did it in from of a big crowd.  They must have forgotten there were a few ladies in attendance.


The horse leader.. in traditional Indian attire.
Very crowded
Betting and Odds book

To top off the two blog post day - Wonderful Indian Signs.  Gotta love 'em.

BLASTING!
In case you were thinking of drinking from that flask you brought with you...
..or putting your child to work. 


No comments: