We got up early to hit the beach and pool in hopes that it wasn't going to be scorching hot yet. The ocean water was very warm, almost like bath water so we put our feet in for a few seconds and then hit the pool instead. Hotels here have to cool their pool water just to make it comfortable.
 |
| A nice clean beach and water :) |
 |
| This was only part of the pool... I forget to get a photo of the entire thing, but...we're really not that interested in the hotel pool, are we? Moving on... |
|
|
We took the metro to another area of the town known for their local shops since Jason was in search of a shisha. Also known as ... Hookah or hubbly bubbly, whatever you prefer.
Click here to find out more. We really wanted to get it as a decoration, but I know Jason and the guys will use it occasionally. We walked around for awhile and finally found
one shop that sold them. Again, the Lonely Planet wasn't exact on this one. (It also let us down yesterday when trying to find a Friday Brunch special. Struck out twice and it was the newest online edition. Boo.)
I should have taken a photo of the shisha he bought, but the guy quickly wrapped it up so I didn't get the chance to. You'll just have to visit us in our house one day when we eventually settle down!
For once, Jason didn't mind me stopping in stores to browse for a few mins. It was nice to cool off!
 |
| A small local shopping area |
 |
| The metro station. They are high class. Take note, Chicago. |
 |
| Not much traffic today, but such wonderful roads from what we are used to in India! |
 |
| Jason asked why I took this photo... shouldn't he know by now that I take a lot of odd photos. |
 |
| Chicken swarma sandwich for lunch. Yum Yum |
 |
| I have no idea what building this is...but I thought it looked neat. |
This sums up the first half of our Saturday! Later, I will blog about the Desert Safari we took!
No comments:
Post a Comment