Sunday, June 5, 2011

Not-So Botanical Gardens.


We had some extra time on Sunday to meander around so we headed to the Botanical Gardens.  We walked and walked...and walked...and walked some more.  I'm not complaining... just justifying all the food I ate on Saturday!  Along the way, we saw a nice message painted on the wall along the sidewalk.  Which also made a perfect photo op. 

People will pee ANYWHERE here!
He did not pee... but I couldn't resist making him pose.
We finally made to the Botanical Gardens and I was really hoping to see a lot of pretty flowers and such...but not so much.  It's a nice area to walk around, but if you've been to a botanical garden in the US or another developed country, you'd be disappointed too.  We didn't have anything better to do, so we walked around.  It was just like a big park with a few flowers on the lake and a small rose garden that was fenced off. 

Main Entrance
Some rock formation that everyone climbed up.  We skipped out.
What a nice spit bin.  I really wanted to stake it out and get a photo of someone ignoring that and spitting next to it.  I refrained myself although in retrospect, it would have made a good photo.

Two of the few flowers on the lake lilypads
We have to have a pic of us... Jasons growing his protest beard.  I'm hoping he'll shave it soon.  Ekk.

That's all for our Bangalore trip.  I told you we didn't do much... but it was nice to get out of the Kochi monsoon season for a few days.  The weather was beautiful and it was great to wear jeans outside again without roasting.  ...And back to reality we go.   

1 comment:

sara said...

man, jason in a beard!!! It doesn't even look like him! Great pics mary!