Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Return of the Pharaohs

This is a snapshot from a video - lighting wasn't good and the fog was messing the pics.  I'm not sure what was more funny... the whole Michael Jackson look-alikes or the "Game Over" shirt the guy is wearing.


Remember my post on New Years Eve about the Egyptian party the hotel was charging $60 a person to get into and it ended up being cut short due to rain while we watched from our room?  Since the performer was under contract apparently, he had to perform.  Since Wednesday was another holiday here, they had the party Tuesday night.  I suppose since we are long stay guests, we got invited.  Yet another awesome reason we didn't pay in the first place.  We walked into a huge buffet and all the Indian waiters dressed as pharaohs.  I should have gotten a picture of them, but forgot to.  

The show started out with some risque dancers.  In a country where women are mostly covered and short skirts and shorts are frowned upon, I found this quite hilarious.  I tried to upload the video, but it's not letting me right now - even with good internet. 

During the show, they gave away prizes for the most random things.  First up... the tallest high heels.  This was the first assignment that I chose not to pack my heels - I mean, it's India.  Other random items - longest earrings, most black clothes on, longest hair, most elaborate nose ring and matching spouse outfits.  Unfortunately, I am sad to report that none of us won any of the prizes which were awesome.  Most of the gifts were airline tickets to Egypt, Oman or the UAE.  Too bad they didn't give one away for the furthest travel to get there.  It would have been a 4 way tie!