Thursday, January 6, 2011

Temples

Candles on the side of the Shiva Temple - they light them at night
Eric's last day consisted of driving in a tuk-tuk around the city exploring some temples.  Since we didn't make it to the Taj Mahal due to high flight prices, I had to make sure he saw a few different temples.  After 3 I think he was done.  I hadn't seen any here yet either because once you see 10 of them, they all look the same.  The first one we saw was the Shiva Temple.  Lord Shiva is the deity and the temple is rare because it faces the sea.
Shiva Temple

Hanuman Temple
Nameless temple
I can't remember the name to the last temple we saw, but I'm sure you don't mind.  After we saw these three, we headed back to the hotel, got lunch and spent the rest of the day at the pool.  Eric was going back to cold and snowy weather...so it only seemed right. 

No comments: