Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Canonball



I learned a new game today at the school and I would say that I mastered it, but I'd be lying.  The afternoon wasn't too exciting since most of the kids left all dressed up for a rally to bring more awareness to special needs children.  Theses kids are always out of school for something!  I guess anything to get out of making bags from newspapers.  So, I helped with a few other art projects and then learned to play Canonball.  Like the guy in the picture, you have to flick this wooden piece and hit either the black or brown pieces (saving the red for the last one and worth the most points) towards the corner holes.  I really thought my fingernails were going to be bruised after I was done.  It doesn't feel the greatest to flick a piece of wood across the table numerous times.  Call me a wuss... but you haven't tried it.  They seemed to have fingernails made of steal and played numerous times. 


One of the girls in her rally gear


And I almost forgot that it was Valentine's Day.  I guess Jason and I are just an old couple, but we don't really celebrate it.  Although, I wouldn't mind if he got me flowers or a massage on any other day........
The hotel decorated the restaurant with heart balloons that had Happy Valentine's Day written upside down.  Okay, I will give them a little credit, not all of them were upside down... maybe 95% though.  I suppose they tired to make up for it by tying one on every single chair in the restaurant.

1 comment:

Hinal said...

"Carrom"...not Cannonball :)