Friday, March 18, 2011

Bye Buddy!

 Managers, the General Manager of the hotel, Carl and Ian
The last few weeks we've been hanging out with other long term guests here at the hotel -  John, Carl and Ian.  They were here working for the Air Force rebuilding helicopters.  It's been a lot of fun, but we have to say goodbye to Carl this weekend as he is headed home and completely finished here (so they tell him- ha!).  Ian put together a nice complementary dinner and drinks by the pool as a going away party for them.  He is known as Complementary Ian and has been working with Carl and will be leaving in a few weeks as well.  Living in hotels all the time does have its perks!  We've meet 95% of the managers, but we got to know them better as we had time to talk and mingle before dinner.  It was a very nice set up....

Of course we had twice as much food and twice as many seats as needed
The food was wonderful and much better than what we get in the buffet.  They must have made it extra special just for us.  Jason was in heaven because he ordered steak medallion rare and it was delicious.  (thankfully we were not sick Friday morning).  I was thoroughly disappointed in the lack of green on St Patricks day!  All these blog post about St. Pattys Day in Chicago made me really want to be home and celebrate the Irish way!  Instead, I was the only one wearing green.  I'm sure that some other roadies (Caitlin and Danielle - not to name names though) drank plenty of green beer for us!

and....

A month or so ago, John got tshirts made for his "Presidential Campaign" and I finally broke the shirt in.  Vote Pinkus 2020!

John Pinkus for President!




2 comments:

Danielle said...

Mary, where did you go? I miss reading your new blog post every day. Now that we're home, I have nothing exciting to write about so I'm living through you. I hope you didn't disappear in India, maybe you've decided to go incognito. I'm sure you can hide out pretty well there. ;)

Mary said...

I'm actually updating as I type this! :) Don't worry I didn't disappear, just moving a bit slower! lol