Sunday, March 13, 2011

Indian Night Club

We have a crow problem out by the pool on the side farthest from the bar and the towel stand.  Basically, the area they like to hang out is where not many people are.  I decided it would be funny to get a water gun and shoot the birds when they are by the area where we sometimes sit.  Last week at the mall I found a few - of course they had the large super soakers but I didn't want to pay $10 for one (I'm in India remember... I'm now cheap) so I found one for 65 Rs = ~$1.25.  All I have to say is that it was worth the 65 Rs to see Jason crouching behind the wall of pool to sneak up on them and then getting the turkeys all flustered when they came over to hang by us.  The pool attendants even got a big kick out of it and we just left it down there for them to use.  Some of the birds seemed to enjoy the extra sprays of water, but others, it worked great on.



Jason trying to sneak up on the crow

Saturday evening we went out to an Indian dance club with some other guys we've gotten to know through the hotel.  They are also here long term so they know the right places to go to.  I dressed conservatively on the safe side because I had no idea what we were getting ourselves into.  Before going, Ian, John and Carl (the three guys here long term) insisted we stop at a bar called the Mermaid.  They've been here longer so we figured they knew best.  This bar was inside a hotel and almost seemed hidden away in a corner.  Shortly after being there four Asian girls got up and started singing.  I had Thailand flashbacks although these girls kept it clean.  They weren't that good of singers and the microphone made them echo but it was interesting!  They even wore skimpy outfits.  Now I know why we "had" to stop there!

The club was pretty much like any other night club/lounge in the US.  No sarees there!  We even saw a few of the hotel staff there partying which made it even more fun and interesting. No cameras were allowed so I didn't even take mine and therefore have nothing to document how much fun we had.  A few of the guys snuck pictures by using their phones so maybe I'll have to get ahold of those.   :)

2 comments:

Jsides said...

Still waiting for pictures of Thailand!

Mary said...

Pictures of things/places/girls that you are talking about.... None. No cameras allowed! But I have plenty of stories! Oh... I do have pics of lady boys if you are interested.