Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cricket

The patio - we got front row seats because we're special. This is early..it was packed later in the day.

Everyone here is pumped for Cricket this season!  Why, you ask?  Because they won the semi-finals today against Pakistan - a HUGE rival!  For the past two weeks or so, a jumbo screen has been set up on the patio just outside the lobby of our hotel.  It's a great way to watch the game.  I've never watched so much cricket before in my life.  I mean, I've watched a bit here and there while hanging out with other people, but never where we are all into the game cheering on a team.  How can you not cheer on India?

We got our mail packet today and a new Women's health came in it - I took it down to read during the break, Ian read part of it during the game.
During all the cricket matches, the bar was running a 2 for 1 special.  Usually that doesn't apply to the patio - you have to be in the bar.  We are an exception, I suppose.  A simple text message to the bartenders with our order does the job.  Yet another perk to knowing the hotel staff! 

If you didn't know, cricket matches last fooooorever.  Like 8 hours, forever.  I left school a bit early to come back and sit with John so we could make sure we got our reserved seats.  About 2:30pm the match started and didn't finish until right before 11pm.  When India got the final wicket needed to win the match, the crowd went crazy.  I got a video of it I'll post below.  Sorry I was moving a lot but watch at least the first part.  Take note to the kid in the yellow shirt on the left side! lol.  It'll be crazy for the finals on Saturday and I'm actually really excited we'll be here for it!   Go India!

We really did have the front row reserved for our group.  Awesome.


No comments: