| Lots of wooden toys for sale! |
A few months ago, Kat, Peter, Jason and I offered to help pay for chairs for two of the boys in the Early Intervention class Kat and I help with. After a few weeks of bugging the head of the department to go look at the facility where they are made and get the kids measured, we finally did it today. Justine and Denise have spent a lot of time with the boys watching how they sit in their wooden, straight back chairs and even drew some sketches of adjustments that would be beneficial for Ijo and Akshay. The guy that showed us around the factory/store was very nice but said they couldn't even start on the chairs until at least April. We all know what that means - by April they really mean May or June. Unfortunately, Kat and I will not see the completion of the chairs we are paying for (I might have jinxed us), but what matters is that these boys will have the chairs they need! The guy that makes them and even the school promised to email all of us pictures when they are completed.
| Making prosthesis |
2 comments:
May I ask what is the going cost for a custom therapy chair? If you threw a couple extra dollars at them can they get it done before you leave? Thats very cool of you guys!!!!
They cost $85 and they have a lot of government orders they are trying to get done because of the end of the financial year. :( We tried to get them to start on our chairs early but he can't. Bummer..but at least they are getting them!
Post a Comment