| Gifty and Ijo - he's currently getting a new chair made :) |
Gifty was an assistant for the early intervention program at Raksha. She was sooo wonderful with the kids and they just loved her. Everyone was sad to see her leave. Kat and I have been going to the school since November now and we've had 3 other assistants come and go since then but they were student interns. Gifty was actually a teacher and I kept asking where she was going next, but never got a clear answer since I think some of our conversations always got lost in translation.
Ijo was Gifty's buddy even when Neena (the teacher) was there. She could always get him to calm down and never cried for her! He doesn't like new people and it took him awhile to warm up to Kat and I. This week Neena is gone for her studies so it's just Kat and I with one of the other assistants who isn't nearly as good with the kids. To have a wonderful teacher really makes such a difference in these kids lives. We already miss Gifty!
No comments:
Post a Comment