I think this is my new favorite holiday. Seriously. Our lives are so unpredictable, that my family pretty much believes what I tell them. - and it's hilarious. I have this tradition of pranking my dad. Two years ago was by far the best. I taped a small picture of a monkey on his drivers license where his photo was. He didn't realize it until he went to pay for work supplies with a check and they needed his drivers license number. He handed it over without realizing it! It's a good thing they knew him at that store because one of the ladies went and showed it around to the others. LOL I remember getting a phone call from him while I was on my way back up to Chicago. It might not sound that funny typed out, but it was great. The best one I've got my dad on ever! I played a prank today for our friend John that is here. I called his coworker (whom we met last week) and told him that he had gone over his credit limit and needed to make a payment and had info about a recent transaction here at the hotel. It was good... he believed it.
So this year.. I had to think of something to do from afar. It started out with just trying to prank my dad...then quickly spiraled out of control from there. I was so excited, I just couldn't stop. First victim - my sister, Sara. I told her Jason accepted a temporary job with the refinery and we'd be here another year. It'd be semi-believable since we are having a good time here. (except he has NOT been offered a job, don't worry) She bought it and talked about coming to visit this summer. Second victim - my sister, Chris. I told her I was pregnant and due in October. THAT was funny! She said she wasn't getting rid of my nephews old baby clothes - he's ten. LOL. She sounded excited! Third victim - my mom. I told her we got released and would be leaving on Monday. I know, bad joke. I actually feel bad about that one. Fourth and final victim (I mean, it was going so well so far! lol) - my dad. I told him the same thing I told Sara. We would be here another 10 months or so. He was the only one that asked if it was a joke. I told him no... not sure if he believed it or not.
I guess I went overboard, but man it was fun! I basically just waited until they all talked to each other to figure it out. Haha. They probably won't believe anything I ever tell them. ever. again. I also need to recharge my phone tomorrow since I went through almost all of my balance! Money well spent!
And for my photos of the day and bag update... We do not have to go in on Saturday! 1500 bags almost complete! We should be finished on Monday!
So this year.. I had to think of something to do from afar. It started out with just trying to prank my dad...then quickly spiraled out of control from there. I was so excited, I just couldn't stop. First victim - my sister, Sara. I told her Jason accepted a temporary job with the refinery and we'd be here another year. It'd be semi-believable since we are having a good time here. (except he has NOT been offered a job, don't worry) She bought it and talked about coming to visit this summer. Second victim - my sister, Chris. I told her I was pregnant and due in October. THAT was funny! She said she wasn't getting rid of my nephews old baby clothes - he's ten. LOL. She sounded excited! Third victim - my mom. I told her we got released and would be leaving on Monday. I know, bad joke. I actually feel bad about that one. Fourth and final victim (I mean, it was going so well so far! lol) - my dad. I told him the same thing I told Sara. We would be here another 10 months or so. He was the only one that asked if it was a joke. I told him no... not sure if he believed it or not.
I guess I went overboard, but man it was fun! I basically just waited until they all talked to each other to figure it out. Haha. They probably won't believe anything I ever tell them. ever. again. I also need to recharge my phone tomorrow since I went through almost all of my balance! Money well spent!
And for my photos of the day and bag update... We do not have to go in on Saturday! 1500 bags almost complete! We should be finished on Monday!
1 comment:
Awesome!!!! My mom didn't answer the phone... I think she has learned better by now.
Post a Comment