Monday, April 11, 2011

Cigarette?

I zoomed in, so it's a bit blurry...
Lunch and dinner yesterday were so good that we decided to try out The Germany Bakery for breakfast - it was afterall, what they were known for.  I have to say this was the first time I saw a cigarette listed on the menu.  French Breakfast - croissant, cafe au lait, and a cigarette for 80 Rupees.  What a deal! 

After breakfast, we caught a taxi into Trivandrum to get the train back later that afternoon.  We stopped at a hotel for lunch and walked around a bit before boarding the train.  Just some random pictures of the day:

I guess it works if you have to dry your clothes on the go.  I think I remember trying to hang a sock out the window once to dry it on the way to a game but this is on a whole new level.

Evidently, we picked the wrong side of the road to walk on.  The other side had a nice sidewalk.
I'm guessing they don't use it anymore?
The hotel we had lunch at had a salon where Jaroslav got his hair cut - notice the "Natural Hair Fixing" ad - same guy,  from bald to a full head of hair!  Amazing! 

Funny story about the above photo - John either always matches completely...as shown above (even socks, shoes and backpack) or gets dressed in the dark and ends up like this:

John, really?  lol

Gotta love him...  he's just been in India too long.  Needless to say, he has stopped wearing socks with sandals (at least around us)!

No comments: