 |
| Big girl, Devu! |
Devu is finally eating! For months, she has cried her way through a plate full of rice and curry - at times evening vomiting afterwards. She wasn't eating much at home either. Kat spent hours each week working with her and she slowly showed signs of improvement. Neena started working with her recently and now her mother comes in to feed her. Today was the FIRST time we have ever seen her pick up the spoon herself and eat! It's absolutely wonderful to see small steps of improvement, but this is gigantic leap forward (yes, I had to use the word 'gigantic')! As soon as she fed herself, Gopa and Neena were asking us to take a photo. Just as I was beginning to think that I wouldn't take any more of the little kids, we had to document this! She also started talking in January so this year has been full of accomplishments for her.

The afternoon has been slow for us the past few days as the kids are getting ready for their summer holiday. They take the month of May off so most of the day was spent finishing up paper bag orders and cleaning. And of course....like any student who is getting ready for summer break, they don't want to do much! Today we made bracelets with the girls while the guys did all the paper bag work! That's how it should be, right?? Since there was no bus service this month, only the vocational students who can get to school on their own have been coming. Only 3 girls have been regulars this month so I wanted to do something special with them. They seemed to have fun and now Kat and I have a bracelet that will always remind us of these girls!
 |
| Divya :) |
 |
| Sigi made at least three bracelets! She was on a roll! |
No comments:
Post a Comment