Friday, April 29, 2011

A Royal Day

The turkeys watching over the baby chicks
Most people had the day off today due to another strike, not because of the Royal Wedding.  That was just a coincidence for all the British in the area.  Jason even had the day off because of a threat of violence towards foreigners.  In the past month, I've had a 5 day weekend followed by a 4 day weekend and now a 3 day weekend.  I wonder what's going to happen when I actually have to work all 5 days out of the week?  Anyway, we spent part of the day by the pool which was anything but relaxing as they were setting up for a big event and testing the speakers.  Even though it wasn't relaxing, it was interesting to watch as the workers climbed up steel beams to put together a tent and wires (that were taped together) were laying around on the ground waiting for someone to trip over them.  It's always a sight watching Indian construction.

We also checked on the baby bunnies and chicks which were in the cages along with the other animals since there was a lot going on with the event setup.  Jason even got one out of the cage and brought it over to the chairs by the pool.  We're probably not supposed to do that, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind since most people around here know us by now.  We noticed there was no food or water in the cage all day so I mentioned something to the pool guy to tell the gardener to at least put some water in there - it's 95 degrees outside!  I checked later and someone had feed them but still no water.  I'm going to keep tabs on the bunnies from now on.  Now that I know how to break into the cage, I'll feed them everyday.     

See.. easy to break into this cage...lol
Setting up for the party

After some time at the pool, Jason and I went in and met John at the bar for a drink and to watch the Royal Wedding.  We weren't going to watch it, but when the bar has a 2 for 1 happy hour, it's hard not to join in on the fun.  I think that's the first time we've been down there for the late afternoon happy hour so it was a treat.

Later that day, we went out to the patio to watch the party for the Delhi Daredevils.  It was hosted by The Muthoot Group - one of the largest companies in India.  We were fortunate enough to get to join in on the party for a bit with a few of the managers and even meet the VP of this company.  Party Crashed - Numero Uno - Hema, do we get two points since we crashed it with the managers?  There is a wedding on Sunday so maybe we can crash that too.

Mr. Gopi (Head of Security) is so good to us - he said I was his third daughter.... although that was after maybe his 3rd drink so I'm not sure what he meant by it.  Haha.


1 comment:

Hema said...

Plus 2 only if you attend a wedding in a sari!