Friday, April 22, 2011

It's 95 Degrees...



..but they still need camo ear muffs!  A child in shorts and a tshirt with ear muffs is a common sight around here.  While I'm walking around sweating profusely, kids are bundled up and ear muffs are flying off the shelves.  Okay, not flying off the shelves, but people wear them all the time!  Seriously... it's 95 degrees!  I remember Caitlin blogging about this once too, or maybe we just talked about it in Thailand.  Speaking of Thailand, I'm ready to go back... who's in? 


They sell anything on the streets...  you name it, they sell it.  I might just do my shopping there for gifts before we leave! haha
I posted this photo back when we first got here...but it was in the middle of the street then.  Speed must have thrilled someone enough to hit it to the side.  This photos just for Hema!!


Now who wants to ride a double decked bus in India?   Not I.

It's official... I am one step closer to never leaving this country.  Ever.  Today I had to go downtown and register to become a resident.  That is how long I've been here.  My entry visa is good for a year, but after 180 days, I have to register or leave to reset it.  Instead of just sending me on a quick and cheap visa trip, they tell me to register.  I know plenty of other people who have gotten to take visa trips and I'm jealous!  The one time I can, they just make me become a resident.  Not fair. Oh well.. I didn't have plan something last minute for Easter weekend so it all worked out.  I'll let you know when I get my residency permit!  I know you're jealous. 

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

The earmuffs are my favorite! They were still selling them when we left... I wonder if they're still a hot item in Baroda right now!