Today was spent on the beach, of course! I did some shopping but other than that, we sat on the beach with a book most of the day. Unlike Varkala, Kovalam had more 'local' tourists that loved to pose by the camera. It was entertaining watching the guys sit in the sand and water, fully clothed and have their picture taken. Two middle aged Indian men also wanted their photo taken by an attractive blond sunbathing. Ha... they continue to amaze me! Later in the afternoon, we climbed the lighthouse to get views of Lighthouse beach and other beaches in the area. If it weren't for the temple in the distance, I'm not sure I would believe we were in India...
| Lighthouse Beach |
| Another nearby beach - you can barely see the temple (the part of land that jets out the farthest) |
| Lighthouse Beach |
| John, Jaroslav, Me and Jason |
| It looks a lot taller than it really was |
| Clearly, no smooking is allowed. |
And since I'm almost 100% certain that Jason will eventually post about this, I'm just going to swallow my pride and tell you about my "splint" for my foot. If I don't, Jason will and then he'll think he has full rights to the blog. I haven't talked much about it since it's embarrassing. Not many people completely miss a step and actually fracture a foot! The doctor wanted me to get a splint made so that I could still walk on it, yet hold the bones in place. They made a plaster cast mold of my leg to make the splint. I really had no idea what type of splint this was going to be..but I went with it. I wanted it to heal without having to cast it. It didn't stop me from going to the school or the beach! I didn't actually wear it to the beach, though.
WARNING: It's big and ugly. Just remember I'm in India and this was my only other option besides casting it for 4 weeks! I started out only wearing jeans so you couldn't see all of it. It's 95+ degrees here so that lasted all of about 2 days.
| I'm already laughing and embarrassed from posting this. |
| But it was fun to kick Jason with! |

1 comment:
A cast would have been worse!
Post a Comment