 |
| Rajesh and I waiting for SRK |
Tonight was full of lots of photo ops. After the match, Kat and I came back to the hotel and the guys were hanging out in the bar. It was really busy as we expected... the last home game and with both teams staying at the hotel, it was crowded! One of the owners of the Kolkata Knight Riders is
Shah Rukh Khan. He is in EVERYTHING here. In India, they use a lot of the famous actors and actresses for commercials and advertisements as well and since he's pretty popular, he's always on TV. I actually make fun of him...not sure if it's because of the hair or his attitude in the commercials. He seems to think he's hot shit. Although I guess he can think that since he's in a lot of movies, a producer as well as a television host. And...he was named one of the 50 most powerful people in the world by Newsweek in 2008. (Who did the research for that??)
After I found out that he would be staying here at the hotel, I asked Mr. Gopi (head of security) to hook me up. He was already asking Jason for me before I even made it back to the hotel. He told me where to stand and that he'd be arriving back at the hotel shortly. Since Kochi beat the Knight Riders, I was hesitant to keep my jersey on, but I figured that'd make the picture even better. Once he arrived, I shook his hand and asked for a pic to which he replied that he'd be back down later. I thought I'd struck out. Bummer. Jason and I waited around for a bit, but then learned his chartered flight was delayed so we headed to the bar to join the rest of the group. Mr. Gopi was in the bar with us so I knew that when he left he would tell me since he had to escort Mr. Khan down from his room.
Eventually, he came to get me and Jason and we headed up to stake out his room. I really felt like a stalker but he was determined to let me get a photo with SRK. Remember.. Mr. Gopi says I am his third daughter and the hotels daughter! I should take this as a sign that we've been here too long and it's time to leave.
 |
| Occasionally, he'll bless me - it's really funny so we made him pose for this! |
 |
| Mr. Gopi made me pose with Wasim Akram as well... I had never heard of him but whatever. |
Wasim Akram is a famous cricket player from Pakistan who now is a bowling coach for the Kolkata Knight Riders. He emerged from SRK's room and Mr. Gopi stopped him for a picture with me (or maybe it was for him.... I'm gonna go with that one). I had no idea who he was and I think he realized it because he even said "Oh, she's waiting for Khan". I'm totally cheesing in the picture because Mr. Gopi just cracks me up. Seriously. And....a bit later... SRK emerged!
 |
| Unfortunately, he's not looking at the camera. |
 |
| Rajesh and some of the players |
After all that, we went back down to the bar to rejoin the party. One of the front desk girls, Sini, was in charge of photos and was using a camera she wasn't familiar with so she asked me to follow her and take some with my camera. Again, I felt like a groupie stalker. Good thing I'll never see these guys again.
 |
| This picture isn't good.. but he had to try get a smoke in inbetween eating cake and leaving. |
Neenas daughter, Anna gave me a small note book and asked if I could try to get a few signatures for her. She
really wanted Ravindra Jadeja's autograph. She was so excited to just ask me for it! I told her I'd try, but couldn't promise anything since I didn't know what the players would do after the match. Little did I know, they'd all be at the party. With Usman's help, I found him and got his autograph! Usman is the physical therapist for the team and has helped me with some stretches and exercises for my foot. He's hung out with us a few times as well so he was happy to help me get all the signatures. I think I got at least 10 including the two local players. See... they think I'm a groupie. I told them it was for a girl at school and I hope they believe me. I've seen most of them around for the last 2 months and this was the first time I introduced myself and asked for a signature. All in all, a good night.
 |
| Usman with Ravindra Jadeja |
1 comment:
LOVE it! I bet you did look like a total stalker! They're probably all thinking "who is that white girl and why does she know so much about Indian movies and cricket?" Lol.
Post a Comment